I will get to the Top 10 list in a moment but let me explain my idea for it first.
So, what is the "Top 10"? Well, it is the Top 10 things that I am going to try to do everyday as I live my life.
1. Realize that I am human. The things that I say and do will not always come out perfect.
2. It is never too late to make an apology.
3. "Crow" doesn't really taste that bad and a helping every now and then is alright.
4. Sometimes it really is best just to sit back and observe the situation around me and keep my mouth shut.
5. I do not always need to be the group spokesperson.
6. It is not good for my mental health to re-evaluate every single thing that I say and do all of the time.
7. The moral decisions will be hard to make but they are good ones.
8. My children are my audience and I should never forget that.
9. Sometimes just the action itself is the reward: buying the stranger behind you in line their cup of coffee
10. Tomorrow is another chance
Maybe I should make it a Top 11 because I do want to make amends with all of the people in my life that I have hurt inadvertently or on purpose. Although I hope that the latter is a shorter list.
I don't know if this is doable. I don't know if it is even something that I should do. If it is a "can of worms" I am ready to open up. I guess it goes back to #6 and thinking about what I have said and done to people and whether I need to apologize for those things.
Do any of you think about these kinds of things? Or, perhaps am I destined for the looney bin?